[plug] Slightly OT.. 5 1/4 Drives

Nick Bannon nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Mon Dec 22 16:19:22 WST 2003

On Sun, Dec 21, 2003 at 08:07:20PM +0800, Daniel Pearson wrote:
> Hi Guys,
> I've just found a few old games that I *really* used to love playing when I
> was quite young, only problem is they're on 5 1/4" disks.. does anyone have
> a computer that can read these, and if so can we get them onto some 3.5"
> disks?

Yes, indeed - if Russ hasn't set you right already, I have some
machines with 5.25" floppy drives. One of them even booted MS-DOS 3.3
from a 1.2MB floppy a couple of weeks ago. ::-)

Access to the UCC may be a bit patchy over the Christmas break, but it
is doable, and it's a better place than most to play with these sorts
of things. <grin>

Nick.

--
   Nick Bannon   | "I made this letter longer than usual because
nick-sig at rcpt.to | I lack the time to make it shorter." - Pascal