[plug] Roll your own Knoppix CD

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Tue Dec 23 19:40:44 WST 2003

On Tue, 2003-12-23 at 11:38, Mageaere wrote:
> Go to http://www.knoppix.net/docs/ to get all sorts of knoppix docs inkluding
> ones on remastering

Thanks Mageaere,

I've actually had a lot of success with Morphix (only wasted one cdr on
the learning curve!)

(http://www.morphix.sf.net)

Morphix is great because there are different mini-mods to start off with
such as Lite (xfce only) and the Gnome (formally known as heavy) there
is also one that doesn't include XF86 at all which would be great for
making firewall live-cds.

The one gripe about it is that the live-cd seems to use the Linux
Progress Patch but once installed to the HD it's the usual verbose Linux
boot process which confuses the planet out of my customers. );

regards,

Chris

*snip*