[plug] Gold !

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Thu Dec 25 10:18:57 WST 2003

In message <3FE9BD24.7040301 at westnet.com.au>
on Thu, Dec 25, 2003 at 12:21:56AM +0800, Kai wrote:
> Microsoft's festive advice: Don't plug our PCs into the Web
> http://news.independent.co.uk/digital/news/story.jsp?story=475921

(It took three hours since reading the above article for this next
thought to germinate.) So...Microsoft says you shouldn't connect a new
Windows PC to the Internet (the article suggests, more curiously,
"plug...into the Web") because it's not safe to do so. Also...all new
Windows PCs will come with Windows XP, right? Also...Microsoft told us
that Windows XP is the most secure and reliable Windows ever, right? So,
by inference...it has never been safe to connect any Windows PCs to the
Internet and Microsoft's advise is decades late? I suppose this doesn't
make a news headline because it isn't news :-)