[plug] OT: high pitched noise from PSU

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Fri Dec 26 21:10:28 WST 2003

Hello,

I built a system recently using a F313 Ritmo case. The only problem is
that there is now a high-pitched noise that comes from it when I turn it
on. If I turn it off then on again a few times the noise stops but comes
back a few minutes later.

I think it might be the fan but I haven't open it up yet so I'm not
sure. I hear that fixing/replacing them requires use of a soldering
iron.

Does anyone know of possible causes and solutions? Ideally i'd just take
it back and replace it under RA but the wholesalers are closed until Jan
5th ):

So if it's best not to fix it does anyone else know where I can get a
replacement PSU?

It's a 450w ATX and I'm using it for an Athlon 2000. I'd rather not wait
because I'm using the machine for a Linux project right now.

regards,

Chris