[plug] Trying to install a kernel but failed ??

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Sat Dec 27 16:01:58 WST 2003

In message <20031227075348.GA24752 at mail.guild.uwa.edu.au>
on Sat, Dec 27, 2003 at 03:53:48PM +0800, James Devenish wrote:
> What you might like to do is copy and paste the contents of your
> /etc/apt/sources.list into itself (i.e. duplicated its contents)

By the way, someone might ask "why not rename sources.list to
sources.list.uwa and then make a copy called sources.list and edit the
new sources.list file without having to comment out all the UWA lines?".
My reason is that I have various other APT sources, not just the
official Debian mirrors, so if I create duplicates files it is likely
that I'll forget to maintain them properly.

The Debian woody version of APT does not seem to support an 'include'
directive (or similar) to aggregate multiple sources.lists. Perhaps a
useful new feature would be an 'include' syntax. Then I could have a
sources.list master file that could include sources.list.stable.uwa,
sources.list.testing.aarnet, sources.list.blah, or whatever, and it
would be easy to swap mirrors by commenting or uncommenting the
'include' directives.