[plug] gnome-terminal working directory

Onno Benschop onno at itmaze.com.au
Sun Dec 28 06:54:10 WST 2003

On Sun, 2003-12-28 at 09:44, Bernard Blackham wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 28, 2003 at 06:55:34AM +1100, Onno Benschop wrote:
> > I've searched my hard-drive for references to that directory, the only
> > thing I've not done is reboot. I found one reference in
> > ~/.gnome2/session, but if I change that, the session manager comes along
> > and splats my edit.
>
> Not running gnome at the moment so I can't verify this, but
> gnome-session-properties and gnome-session-remove look like good
> candidates. Maybe? :)

Alternatively, close all running applications, relaunch gnome-terminal,
and everything is back to the way it is supposed to be...

*This* is why Linux is not ready for prime time!

Anyway, after e2fsck-ing my disk - because I had a directory-entry that
was 116k rather than 4k - which made no difference and removing said
directory, I can now actually go back to writing software.

Sometimes I just should not get out of bed in the morning...

Thanks for listening, thanks for helping...

Onno Benschop

Connected via Optus B3 at S34°43'17" - E150°34'56" (Kangaroo Valley, NSW)
--
()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..