[plug] Bash help

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Sun Dec 28 19:17:44 WST 2003

In message <20031228102131.GA10403 at mail.guild.uwa.edu.au>
on Sun, Dec 28, 2003 at 06:21:31PM +0800, James Devenish wrote:
> 1/ Zsh-style globbing demonstration (what I would normally do)
[...]
> # Choosing files
> for file in (positive_pattern~negative_pattern)/filename_pattern; do

By the way, I just thought of an interesting tie-in with a previous
thread (the one about XML editors). I commonly do something like this:
% fgrep -n '<element' sample/(*~*exclusion)/*.xml
to produce a list of examples of the 'element' element amongst which I
can navigate using vim (quickfix window -- and I actually have the above
zsh command bound to a key combination). I think this is fairly quick
and easy, and I am sure there is a GUI equivalent in XMLSPY. Just an
example of GUI versus CLI.