[plug] building static binaries

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Mon Dec 29 17:51:49 WST 2003

On Mon, Dec 29, 2003 at 02:56:47PM +0800, Luke Dudney wrote:

| Obviously I'm not going about this the right way. Can someone suggest
| how I can achieve what I'm trying to do? Is it even advisable, or should
| I just bite the bullet and install the deps?

Gah, hit send too soon...   if both machines have the same libc version,
it should be possible to link just the Gnome and X libraries statically,
but use dynamic libc and resolver which /should/ work around this problem.
I'm not sure of the correct incantation to convince configure to do
this, though.

You might be better off just installing Debian^W the libraries that you
need on the server.

Cameron.