[plug] Local Debian Repository

Bernard Blackham bernard at blackham.com.au
Mon Dec 29 19:34:43 WST 2003

On Mon, Dec 29, 2003 at 07:22:46PM +0800, Cameron Patrick wrote:
> | > And if you come to the next Plug workshop (at UCC) you can
> | > take advantage of UWA's 10mbit link to WAIX to update your mirror.
> |
> | s:10mbit link to WAIX:1Gb/s link to PARNet and 100Mbit link to WAIX:
> |
> | Or has something been downgraded?
>
> Dunno.  I'm not a UWA person, I was just guessing from the fact that I
> got ~1mb/sec download rates last time I was tried.  (A few months ago
> now.)  I vaguely recall hearing that the Guild building only had a
> 10mbit link to the rest of UWA?

UCC's uplink to the guild was upgraded to 100Mbit a few months ago,
and the guild has either 100Mbit or 1Gbit fibre to the core. The
cable to the loft on the other hand, I think only runs at 10Mbit,
because of the interface it's hooked into. But you can get 11Mbit
over wireless :)

Bernard.

--
 Bernard Blackham <bernard at blackham dot com dot au>