[plug] How to force a shutdown with reboot??

Richard Meyer meyerri at au1.ibm.com
Tue Dec 30 10:44:08 WST 2003

Depending on what runlevels SuSE uses - "init 6"?

RichardM

----- Forwarded by Richard Meyer/Australia/Contr/IBM on 30/12/2003 10:43 AM
-----

                      "senectus"
                      <senectuskal at hotm        To:       <plug at plug.linux.org.au>
                      ail.com>                 cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  [plug] How to force a shutdown with reboot??
                      plug-admin at plug.l
                      inux.org.au

                      30/12/2003 10:28
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      plug

Guys I have a Suse 7.2 Linux box that I need to force a shutdown and reboot
on remotely..
When I do a "shutdown -r now" it announces its about to shutdown but does
nothing.. doesn't kick out the telnet sessions or anything..

Can anyone think of a way for me to force it to shutdown and reboot??