[plug] How to force a shutdown with reboot??

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Tue Dec 30 12:53:01 WST 2003

In message <00a401c3ce8f$97579350$0401050a at cel2000>
on Tue, Dec 30, 2003 at 12:44:20PM +0800, Paul Arch wrote:
> On a side note, I don't know how many times I have typed reboot to take a
> server down, and waiting for that associated beep to indicate
> shutdown/reboot, but not hearing it.  Until realising I just rebooted
> another server I was connected to via ssh  ! Man that can be a sinking
> feeling

Oh yeah, like when you're connected to multiple machines and you run
`rm -rf /` on the client's...er...nevermind.

PS. Not a true story :)

PPS. I usually do something to distinguish blatantly between logins
(e.g. window titles, background colours, prompts, GNU screen status
lines, etc.).