[plug] OFFTOPIC: Help with a Wizard PC

Matthew Prouse matthew.prouse at telstra.com
Tue Dec 30 20:01:51 WST 2003

Hi there

I've just bought a Wizard PC from Netway. Several members mentioned them on this list - and I checked them out for work purposes (I work for a small accounting firm on the Northern Suburbs).

I've bought a Wizard today - Netway upgraded the memory to 128MB and I've drilled some more holes in the box for cooling purposes HOWEVER the version of RedHat that's preinstalled (6.2) is horribly broken: it doesnt even boot - it locks up looking for "wd" and  then perpetually loops looking for it.... HOWEVER I need to rip Linux off (boo!) and put Windows 9x on it.

Has anyone done this? How do I do it step-by-step? I do have a 2.5" to 3.5" IDE cable converter lying around somewhere but I have minimal idea where to begin.

This PC is being used to host Lotus Organizer diary files and will do very little work... but I do need Windows. Does anyone feel like helping me? I have applied to join the Wizard list but I haven't got a confirmation yet.

Thanks
mousematt

PS: Bernard, I remember you saying that you had received my PLUG membership money in early November - I haven't got any receipt or acknowledgement yet...