[plug] MYSQL and the Date

Kirk Turner mlist at wagoonline.com
Mon Feb 3 09:41:36 WST 2003

If you use the type 'timestamp' instead of date it will automatically
insert the last edited time of the record when an update is done. As far
as I understand this is the designed purpose of the timestamp type. This
is a long (same as your system clock) rather than a date so it would be
a case of using some sort of formatting in php to convert it to a date.
I would assume there is a function that does that for you, but I know
very little about PHP so I can help there.

Kirk