[plug] [IMPORTANT] AGM Announcement

Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima tony at cantech.net.au
Mon Feb 3 16:20:22 WST 2003

Hello All,
	After much delay I can confirm the time and Date for the PLUG AGM.
The 2002 AGM (yes it is late) will be held begin at 19:00 on Tuesday 11th
February 2003.  It will be held in the loft at UCC.  A map of the general
area is available at: http://www.ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au/aboutucc/images/map.gif

The general agenda for the evening is somewhat simple

Welcome
Sate of the union address
Vote in new committee
General business
Leave.

Committee Positions.
-----------------------
President       :  Matt Kemner       (resigning)
Vice-President  :  Jason Nichols     (resigning)
Secretary       :  Tony BT           (resigning)
Treasurer       :  Tony BT           (resigning)
OCM-1           :  Daniel Beard      (resigning)
OCM-2           :  James Bromberger  (resigning)

This means that all positions are available.

Jacqueline McNally has already suggested:
	Bernard Blackham             (confirmed will accept nomination)
	Davyd 'proXy' Madeley        (confirmed will accept nomination)
	Trent Lloyd
	Mark Tearle
	James Andrewartha
	James Henstridge
	Mike Gilks
	Grahame Bowland
	Michael Hunt
	John Knight
For committee positions.

No one has suggested which offices these people would be suited to.  Do to the
nature of incorporation law minors (<18 years of age) cannot hold offices (can
hold OCM positions however).

Further to that Daniel Beard has nominated Leon Brooks for President.

I ask each of the people above to accept or decline your nomination.  Silence
will be taken as a decline.

I call for seconding any of the above nominations.

Nominations (and seconding) for committee positions should be in by the end of
this week.  (Fri, 17:00:00 +0800)

Voting will be done by show of hands at the meeting.  Proxies accepted by
prior aragnement.

Membership information.
-----------------------
All PLUG memberships require payment at the AGM (unless your membership was
purchased after 1/11/2002).  In order to vote in the committee elections you
must be a financial member of PLUG.  Membership rates ate $10.00 full
membership $5.00 concession.  You must also be a financial member of PLUG to
be elegable for committee membership.

Other important roles.
-----------------------
Talks coordinator.
Someone will need to take on this role.  It involves timetabling speakers and
publicising the events.

Librarian
Maintain the CD collection and loan information.

The 2 roles above do not need to be performed by a committee member BUT they
will need to be performed by someone willing to attend nearly all PLUG events.

Yours Tony.

/*
 * --Albert Einstein
 */