[plug] Emails to List

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Mon Feb 3 18:20:29 WST 2003

On Mon, 3 Feb 2003, Shayne O'Neill wrote:

> Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 18:11:20 +0800 (WST)
> From: Shayne O'Neill <shayne at guild.murdoch.edu.au>
> To: PLUG <plug at plug.linux.org.au>
> Subject: Re: [plug] Emails to List
>

> Yeah, it's kinda lost my interest at this point, and I spend 9-5 as pretty
> much a political off-topic perpetrator by profession. :)
>
> I still recon a linux-ot list'd make things much cleaner.
>
> Shayne.
>
> > While I run the risk of having a flamethrower pointed at me, can I ask
> > if the recent spate of off topic posts is normal. I'm all for
> > conversation, but I did think I subscribed to a Linux list.
> >
> > If this signal to noise ratio is normal, can someone point me at a Linux
> > list with more signal and less noise?
> >
> > Kind regards,
> > --
> > ()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
> > --- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..

No, I agree with Onno.

We botched up. It was all off-topic, and, nothing to do with Linux.

I don't know whether Matt would want to host a political mailing list
(unmoderated), to try to persuade people to keep the off-topic,
political discussions, of-list.

I think that there has been previous reference to some poltical BBS
thing, for off-topic discussions, but I am not sure.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

 you'll know what the answer means."