[plug] Emails to List

Richard Meyer meyerri at au1.ibm.com
Tue Feb 4 11:37:48 WST 2003

>On Tuesday 04 February 2003 10:55 am, Matt Kemner wrote:
>> Having said that, let's try it.
>> off-topic at plug.linux.org.au has now been created

>...and has at least one member. If I'm going OT, I'll say so in reply
here,
>then post the real reply there. If I'm *starting* an OT thread, I'll send
>one-liner here and the real post there.

>Is that a good protocol?

>Cheers; Leon

It might be nice to give the reason why you are going to post to
"off-topic" as well. A post saying "Going to off-topic to discuss bargains
in ADSL routers" would attract a different audience from "Going to
off-topic to lambaste the Yanks for causing the Black Death and the CIA is
behind the Norman Invasion (the only successful operation they've ever had
- except for their covert surveillance of everyone in the world and
assassinating any people they don't like) and now their SDI lasers are
causing bush fires".  ;-)

RichardM