[plug] Sendmail on RH 8.0- accepting connections

Tim Bowden bowden at iinet.net.au
Wed Feb 5 17:15:29 WST 2003

On Wed, 2003-02-05 at 11:49, ryan at is.as.geeky.as wrote:

> If you want to use sendmail and are not wanting to learn the config
> structures - install webmin and the sendmail module.  Then you just
> visit the "Spam Control (access)" and "Local Domains (Cw)" sections
> and it is done.>
> If you really hate webmin - then you can remove it after that :)
>
> Ryan

I am more than happy to learn the config structure.  The changes I had
made were not working at all.  After a closer read I had a minor error
in setting the relay domain (192.168.1. instead of 192.168.1 in access)
It now accepts connections from the lan, but not from the outside
world.  An outside sending server said:

Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; host mail.mydomain.com.au[xxx.xx.xxx.xx]
said:
    550 5.0.0 Access denied (in reply to MAIL FROM command)

netstat -nl gives (in part)

Active Internet connections (only servers)
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address        State
<snip>
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:25              0.0.0.0:*             LISTEN
<snip>

Any ides where I have gone wrong?

Thanks,
Tim Bowden