[plug] ssh daemon configuration

Tim Bowden bowden at iinet.net.au
Thu Feb 6 09:11:39 WST 2003

Hi all,

I am having trouble logging into a box using ssh.  All works fine over
the local network, but when I try from the outside world, it returns an
error message:

I am assuming at this stage it is a firewall issue.  In iptables I have
allowed -p tcp --dport 22 for the required interface (not sure of the
exact syntax I used at the moment as I am not at work).  Does ssh use
udp as well?  Is there anything else I should be looking at?

Thanks,
Tim