[plug] [IMPORTANT] AGM Announcement

Jacqueline McNally jacqueline at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Thu Feb 6 12:28:32 WST 2003

At 04:20 PM 02/03/2003, you wrote:
>Hello All,
>         After much delay I can confirm the time and Date for the PLUG AGM.
>The 2002 AGM (yes it is late) will be held begin at 19:00 on Tuesday 11th
>February 2003.  It will be held in the loft at UCC.  A map of the general
>area is available at: http://www.ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au/aboutucc/images/map.gif
>
>The general agenda for the evening is somewhat simple
>
>Welcome
>Sate of the union address
>Vote in new committee
>General business
>Leave.
>
>Committee Positions.
>-----------------------
>President       :  Matt Kemner       (resigning)
>Vice-President  :  Jason Nichols     (resigning)
>Secretary       :  Tony BT           (resigning)
>Treasurer       :  Tony BT           (resigning)
>OCM-1           :  Daniel Beard      (resigning)
>OCM-2           :  James Bromberger  (resigning)
>
>This means that all positions are available.
>
>Jacqueline McNally has already suggested:
>         Bernard Blackham             (confirmed will accept nomination)
>         Davyd 'proXy' Madeley        (confirmed will accept nomination)
>         Trent Lloyd
>         Mark Tearle
>         James Andrewartha
>         James Henstridge
>         Mike Gilks
>         Grahame Bowland
>         Michael Hunt
>         John Knight
>For committee positions.
>
>No one has suggested which offices these people would be suited to.  Do to the
>nature of incorporation law minors (<18 years of age) cannot hold offices (can
>hold OCM positions however).

I would like to nominate Tony BT for President.

Tony has done the hard yards as Secretary-Treasurer, as well participating
in coordinating other PLUG activities such as the Installfest, speakers,
venues, and library.

In his role as co-chair of the LCA2003 Committee he liaised with speakers,
sponsors and Linux Australia, and together with the LCA Committee produced
an absolute extravaganza of a conference.

I would like to call on you to second my nomination for Tony BT for
President. Note: Nominations and seconding closes 1700 tomorrow.

>Talks coordinator.
>Someone will need to take on this role.  It involves timetabling speakers and
>publicising the events.

Also, I'm happy to take on the non-committee role of Talks Coordinator.

All the best
Jacqueline McNally
http://mc2.vicnet.net.au/users/zenryaku/

Community Contact, Australia/New Zealand
OpenOffice.org Marketing Project
(www.openoffice.org)

Are you a computer angel? (www.ca.asn.au)