[plug] Restarting ppp from a 'doze box

Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima tony at cantech.net.au
Thu Feb 6 20:00:04 WST 2003

On Thu, 6 Feb 2003, Anthony Wilson wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> I've got a Windoze box set up behind my firewall for my girlfriend to use,
> and I want to allow her to start / restart / stop the ppp connection on the
> firewall box from her machine.
>
> Anyone got some suggestions as to how I can go about this? (It needs to be a
> point, click, bash PC with rock kind of solution ;)

There are a number of ways.  One is to setup diald, which will automagically
dial the net when it sees requests that should go there.

The other is one of the numerous web front ends that will dial your modem for
you.

Sorry don't have a really firm "You need this" type answer.

Yours Tony.

/*
 * --Albert Einstein
 */