[plug] A new convert (maybe)

Craig Dyke grail at enterprize.net.au
Thu Feb 6 21:08:34 WST 2003

Nigel

First of all, theres a name I haven't seen on here for a while :))

As for Distros, I had a fling withone called Lycoris (used to be Redmond Linux) and it is
a Linux Windows clone lookalike.

Has a control panel, printer garbage you name it I think most windozey stuff was there.
Only look difference was a flower button where start used to be.

Main downside I saw was that it required reasonably good graphics card and at least 256 Ram.

Other than that, most windoz users would probably find it quite familiar (main purpose of design)

Anywho, that my two cents.

Oh, you may wish to look at Codeweavers web site for using Office on LInux if they don't
want to go to Star or Open.

Craig