[plug] Restarting ppp from a 'doze box

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Thu Feb 6 21:50:44 WST 2003

> Anyone got some suggestions as to how I can go about this? (It needs to be a
> point, click, bash PC with rock kind of solution ;)

Xvnc + KPPP + /etc/init.d script? I used to use such a setup, it worked
well for the gumbies on our LAN. Blackbox proved ok for the job though I
use IceWM for most stuff.

/home/dialup/.Xsession:
#!/bin/bash
gkrellm &
x-terminal-emulator -e pppstatus &
blackbox || x-terminal-emulator -T "Recovery Term: Blackbox"

/etc/init.d/dialup:
#!/bin/bash

case "$1" in
         start)
         echo su dialup vncserver -geometry 800x600 -depth 15
         su - dialup 'vncserver :0 -geometry 800x600 -depth 15 -v'
         ;;

         stop)
         echo "killall Xvnc"
         killall Xvnc