[plug] ADSL Connection

Matt Kemner zombie at penguincare.com.au
Fri Feb 7 13:25:28 WST 2003

On Fri, 7 Feb 2003, quoth Daniel Pearson:

> One last question, internal net goes through eth0, dmz through eth1, adsl
> through eth2. Do I need to enable bridging on just eth0 and eth2, or all
> interfaces?

You don't need to enable bridging on any interface.

"Bridged" ADSL means the ADSL modem does bridging - so the ethernet port
on the modem is "bridged" to the DSLAM at the other end, which allows you
to just configure up your eth2 with the IP address they gave you.

Then you just configure up eth1 with one of the IP addresses in the subnet
they are routing you[1], and eth0 with an internal IP address.

Then set up masquerading for anything coming from  eth0.

 - Matt
[1] and if they are not routing you a subnet, it's going to be kinda
    difficult to set up a proper DMZ