[plug] [announce-admin at server.waia.asn.au: [WAIA Announce] WAIA Public Meeting, February 18th]

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Fri Feb 7 16:39:13 WST 2003

On Thu, 6 Feb 2003, Kimberly Shelt wrote:

> Does plug send a rep to these types of meetings ?
>
> Kim
> ----- Forwarded message from announce-admin at server.waia.asn.au -----
>
> To: <announce at server.waia.asn.au>
> From: announce-admin at server.waia.asn.au
> Subject: [WAIA Announce] WAIA Public Meeting, February 18th
> Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 15:30:20 +0800
>

> Dear Member,
>
> The Western Australian Internet Association are holding our February
> Public Meeting on February 18th 2003. This meeting will have discussions
> on the WAIA stance and ISP liability in regards to the recent Copyright
> Infringement Notices (see WAIA Press Release link below), followed by
> some social networking time, with members and non-members meeting each
> other and having a few drinks and nibblies in an informal atmosphere.
> It's on from 6pm, February 18th.
>
> There will also be a door prize of a 3 pack of quality Vasse Felix wines
> to be drawn.
>
> We encourage you and your colleagues to come along and meet others in
> the local internet industry, and possibly win the door prize.
>
> Please note the change in our normal venue to:
>
> 	The Spirit Sound Bar
> 	437 Murray Street,
> 	Perth (near Fast Eddys).
>
> 	6pm onwards
> 	Tuesday, February 18th 2003.
>
> There is normally plenty of street parking around here, alternatively
> there is a multi story parking station right next door to the venue.
>
> Members get free entry to all public meetings (WAIX/Corporate members
> are entitled to 3 guests), and non-members are welcome to attend with a
> $5 charge. You are also able to join WAIA on the night!
>
> For more information, please see
> http://www.waia.asn.au/events/publicmeetings.shtml
>
> For information on the Copyright Infringement Notices, please see
> http://www.waia.asn.au/news/03/copyright/
>
> Regards,
>
> Miles Burke
> Secretary, WAIA
> miles.burke at waia.asn.au
> http://www.waia.asn.au

> ----- End forwarded message -----

At a guess, I assume that Matt would be there, with his work involving
ISP's, and Jeremy (I think his company is a kind of ISP, if not an
independednt ISP, apart from his involvement in law as relating to
computing and IP), and, I assume Leon (he has been involved in ISP
stuff). Also, possibly, Tony BT? He has been involved in ISP stuff, I
think.

Just a guess, nothing more...

Also, it may not be their kettle of fish...

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

 you'll know what the answer means."