[plug] [link] Linus and the fire-hose

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Sun Feb 9 11:52:14 WST 2003

On Sunday 09 February 2003 11:05 am, Harry McNally wrote:
> I'm not sure that I find the analogy very clear. If the argument is that
> computing needs a standard then $A_LARGE_SOFTWARE_VENDOR would probably
> argue this way as well.

Missed point, although I did enjoy the rest of your comment, was the Linux
provides an open implementation of open standards that anyone can have and
change. Not only is the standard there, a working example is there, and in
principle (Jeremy may correct me on this) the standard cannot be suborned.

Cheers; Leon