[plug] setuid etc

Russell Steicke r.steicke at bom.gov.au
Mon Feb 10 22:46:18 WST 2003

On Mon, Feb 10, 2003 at 09:53:06PM +0800, Craig Ringer wrote:
> >  $ sudo su root ./uids
>
> However, this means that you have to set sudo to allow users to run
> "su", kind of defeating the use of sudo for /limited/ root access.

Err, yeah, good point.  I've only used sudo to give me convenient
unlimited root access, so I didn't think of that angle.

Can you use shell script wrappers to get around this, and give users
sudo access only to the schell scripts which invoke su with a particular
command?

--
Russell Steicke

-- Fortune says:
A man is known by the company he organizes.
		-- Ambrose Bierce