[plug] SysVinit wierdness

Stephen Boak sboak at westnet.com.au
Wed Feb 12 12:21:57 WST 2003

Hi gang

Anybody had this before?

I'm running Mandrake 9, and having a problem with the runlevel
scripts. It appears that coming up in level 5, only rc5.d scripts at
or below S80sendmail are being run, but S85http and above are not.

/var/log/messages shows sendmail as the last daemon started (and it
started OK), S85httpd and above are not even mentioned, ie init
ignored them comletely.

I can start the missing daemons manually with no errors, but that
doesn't help after a power failure 'tested' my system yesterday!

I'm lost for ideas - anybody got suggestions?

Steve