The PLUG Server Name Thread was: Re: [plug] Success!

bob bob at fots.org.au
Thu Feb 13 21:37:31 WST 2003

On Thu, 13 Feb 2003 03:45 pm, Harry McNally wrote:
> phew. thank goodness. quick. done. no further discussion needed. aye.
> sounds good. i'm with that. all of that opinion ? good. sorted. let's
> move on. :)

Uh uh you're not getting away with it _that_ easily!

> for all those who've come to this thread late, it's all resolved now, ok
> ?

Common names...

Aptenodytes
Emperor penguin Aptenodytes fosteri
King penguin Aptenodytes patagonicus / longirostris

Eudyptes
Erect-crested penguin Eudyptes
Fjordland penguin Eudyptes pachyyrhynchus
Macaroni penguin Eudyptes chrysolophus
Rockhopper penguin Eudyptes crestata
Royal penguin Eudyptesschlegeli
Snares penguin Eudyptes

Eudyptula
Little Penguin Eudyptula minor

Megadyptes
Yellow-eyed Megadyptes antipodes

Pygosceles
Chinstrap penguin Pygosceles antarctica
Gentoo Pygosceles papua
Adélie Pygosceles adeliae

Spheniscus
Jackass, Blackfooted Spheniscus demersus
Humboldt, Peruvian Spheniscus humboldti
Magellanic Spheniscus magellanicus
Galapágos Spheniscus mendiculus

I think Erect-crested would be a fine host name... or possibly Macaroni

  :)

--
Oh, well, I guess this is just going to be one of those lifetimes.