[plug] Spark rebooting again, new kernel

Harry McNally harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Fri Feb 14 14:24:49 WST 2003

On Fri, 14 Feb 2003 13:54:13 +0800 (WST) Matt Kemner <zombie at penguincare.com.au> wrote:

> On Fri, 14 Feb 2003, quoth Harry McNally:
>
> > If the Big MAC also has a BNC, try a terminator on it. I've seen that fix
> > that error before.
>
> 'fraid not, rj45 only.  Mind you, I don't believe I've ever seen a 100Mbit
> ethernet card with 10base2 support...

Bugger. But you're right. I haven't seen it on PCI cards tho' I wouldn't put
it past Sun to have something that arcane :-) Twas a wild, unsubstantiated,
stab in the dark, guess really.

It could be that the driver is still allowing for this sort of status on a
card that doesn't have it anymore.

<poll unused register bit>
<report "Hey, your network is unplugged")
<repeat>

Anyhoo, the errors never stopped the Sparc here either.

cu
Harry

--
linux.conf.au 2003		The Australian Linux Technical Conference
http://linux.conf.au/		22-25 January 2003 in Perth, Western Australia

Are you a computer angel?	http://www.ca.asn.au/