[plug] MITAC Notebook BIOS update went wrong. BIOS not coming up anymore

Sacha Schlegel schlegel at cs.curtin.edu.au
Sat Feb 15 11:21:41 WST 2003

Hi Plugger

A friend of mine just got a serious problem.

He wanted to update his BIOS of his MITAC notebook. The update went wrong.

The update program did say: please dont power off! and provided a menu to a) update b) load file c) advance. The menu did not respond to any keystrokes so we waited and waited and waited. Nothing happened. After a while we did turn it off.

AND turned it on again, but it did not come up. Not even the bios did come up. And there was no possiblity to backup the old bios.

Concret we might check if there are any MITAC dealers here in Perth.

Any ideas, comments.

Thanks very much.

Sacha
Sacha                                   Schlegel