[plug] samba connection problems

Quintin Lette quintin at arach.net.au
Sat Feb 15 22:10:52 WST 2003

I am pretty sure that requirenosignorseal reg hack is only if you are using
samba as a domain controller.

Have you tried using a different user to access the share? (ie. usera on
windows xp - non Linux user - to access a share for userb) just add a new
user on winxp and logon try to connect using this and when asked for
authentication use the linux username/password combination.  User IDs will
most likely be different on both Linux and doze so they will conflict and xp
wont allow you to use the same credentials 2x.

I generally use domains for samba so that I don't have multiple users and
groups to configure on several machines, but this may or may not be what you
want (probably not if you are just at home)

HTH

Quintin