[plug] samba connection problems

Quintin Lette quintin at arach.net.au
Sun Feb 16 01:03:57 WST 2003

On Saturday 15 February 2003 23:53, Ari Finander wrote:
> [...]

ok try adding the following line to you /etc/samba/smb.conf file in the global
section (probably next to, near the hosts allow line if that doesn't work
comment out (#) the hosts allow line)

interfaces = 127.0.0.1/8 192.168.0.3/24

if that doesn't work, try emailing me (probably better off list) your samba
log file.  /var/log/samba/xpmachine.log

I am assuming ofcourse you can ping the Linux box from xp, and that you have
added the appropriate groups.(sambausers) on the boxes

HTH
Quin