[plug] samba connection problems solved

Ari Finander outrider at operamail.com
Sun Feb 16 20:30:33 WST 2003

Now please, take a deep breath, and keep in mind I am still a newbie to all this.

I added the server2 box ip address to the trusted ip addresses in the zone alarm firewall on the xp box.  I then disengaged the iptables firewall on the redhat 8 box.

Samba works smoothly.

Can someone please point me to a quick reference on what I need to do to let samba work through the iptables firewall on this redhat8 machine?

I am so fscking embarrassed...

Ari