[plug] NAT on a linux box

Daniel Pearson plug at flashware.net
Mon Feb 17 14:19:16 WST 2003

Afternoon,
I've scouted the internet and have found a few scripts for a firewall, using
ipchains which will do the NAT which I require. All i'm running is a simple
linux box, which has a modem. Its not a router as such, but other machines
on the network will connect to the internet through it.

>From all the scripts i've tried, I haven't been able to put any into
/etc/init.d/ (i'm running debian) -- because I want to be able to
stop/start/restart it. Is what i'm trying to achieve unachievable, or is
there in fact a simple solution to this?

Regards,
Daniel Pearson