[plug] DMZ with IPCop

Daniel Pearson plug at flashware.net
Wed Feb 19 21:27:56 WST 2003

Quintin,
IPCop basically is smoothwall, just thought i'd shed that information for
you :) I was running smoothwall, but still had no luck. From the DMZ I can't
ping a single thing, not even 50.1 which is the DMZ link on the router. I
use the port forwarding, and can connect to the webserver on the DMZ, thats
fine -- but DNS just doesn't seem to work. The DNS is using forwarding, so
it redirects external requests to the ISPs nameservers, but for internal
requests for the network it takes care of that itself. I just can't seem to
work out whats going wrong :(

Daniel