[plug] app needed

Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima tony at cantech.net.au
Thu Feb 20 17:28:50 WST 2003

On Thu, 20 Feb 2003, Jon  Miller wrote:

> Anyone know of a application that can run on Windows that can extract
> certain information from a Linux maillog file, both active and rotated.  It
> needs to be simple to use.  What the person is looking for is to be able to
> put in the application a users name and have the application return
> information showing both inbound and outbound e-mail for the user(s).
>
> Thanks for any input.

Assuming you have a Linux based mailserver:
I'd suggest that you knock up a quick'n'dirty CGI for your webserver.
Depending on the type of data you want it could be a simple grep, but a more
advanced double pass of the file would give you much more data.

If Assumption == FALSE
Umm knock one up in perl?   I don't know of anything off the shelf to do it.

Yours Tony.

/*
 * --Albert Einstein
 */