[plug] Commercial Help in LUGs

Quintin Lette quintin at arach.net.au
Thu Feb 20 15:13:58 WST 2003

I agree with Jon here, there is so much more you can learn from people that
are doing real work with Linux than people tinkering (however seriously) at
home, and that its quite acceptable to ask for help on commercial issues.
However I also think that to be fair on the people who help you out with your
commercial issues you say thanks (most people do) and also try not to boast
about saving yourself from hiring someone. (The person/people that solved
your problem saving you thousands may actually be the people that would have
applied for that job) This doesn't mean don't ask the questions, just don't
brag too much about saving mega-bucks from no longer needing to hire someone
:)

If however you save a company mega-bucks from using Linux instead of
$proprietory_os then by all means brag away :)

just my 2c

Quintin