[plug] Where to buy computer bits in Perth

Richard Meyer meyerri at au1.ibm.com
Fri Feb 21 14:50:35 WST 2003

----- Forwarded by Richard Meyer/Australia/Contr/IBM on 21/02/2003 02:47 PM
-----

                      Luke dudney
                      <dex at wn.com.au>          To:       plug at plug.linux.org.au
                                               cc:
                      21/02/2003 02:43         Subject:  Re: [plug] Where to buy computer bits in Perth
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      plug

>But why is it that computer stores seem to be the _only_ retailers that
>charge extra for CC ?
>I've only been charged extra when purchasing computer gear, but there
>may be other businesses that do this.
>It seems bizarre that they are the only ones who decide to pass on the
>cost to the consumer.

>Cheers
>Luke

Low markup, probably. I know that in the armpit of the 3rd world I come
from that markups on hardware are typically not high. They probably expect
a gross profit of 5-10%, while CC transaction fees from banks are about 3%,
there. Figure may or may not be comparable here.

RIchardM