[plug] Where to buy computer bits in Perth

Arie Hol arie99 at ozemail.com.au
Fri Feb 21 20:47:53 WST 2003

At 10:24 AM 21-02-2003 +0800, you wrote:

>How about if I generalise the question a bit? Where do people in Perth go to
>buy computer components? If I wanted a new hard disk or Athlon CPU, where
>would I go?

Have a look in the classified section of Saturdays "West Australian" Newspaper.

Look in the for sale section under "COMPUTERS" most of the better shops
around Perth advertise there and generally show a wide range of component
prices (good for comparison).

Most of the ads also show the URL for their websites, but most of the web
sites are less than complimentary to the cause of the business that they
represent.

Suggest - read ads first then make a quick phone call or go for a drive.

Over the last few years I have found that "Austin Computers" and "NetPlus"
have been the most consistent for reasonable prices on most 'name brand' items.

It is possible to get cheaper prices - but I would have to think about the
quality of the items before paying.

Regards Arie