[plug] redirecting url's

Matt Kemner zombie at penguincare.com.au
Sat Feb 22 20:38:43 WST 2003

Hi Darren

On 22 Feb 2003, quoth Darren:

> hello all , i have a domain using a static ip set up with dyndns.org is
> it possible to redirect the name to a page within my webspace at my isp.
> i host a forum on my linux server and would like to upload a page to
> my isp's server whenever there is a problem with my server to keep the
> forum users informed

You can put a redirect on a webpage on your linux box to redirect to a
page at your ISP, which is as simple as adding the following within the
<HEAD> ... </HEAD> clause of your homepage:

<META HTTP-EQUIV=Refresh CONTENT="0; URL=http://www.isp.net.au/~darren/">

but I'm not sure if that's what you're asking for.

If you wanted to have the dynamic DNS entry point directly at the ISP's
webpage, then you will need your ISP's cooperation with that, since they
will need to add the appropriate details to their webserver config

Hope this helps

Regards,

 - Matt