[plug] dual boot - Windows reinstall

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Thu Feb 27 10:34:36 WST 2003

On Thu, 27 Feb 2003, Dene Staples wrote:

> Greetings all.
>
> It seems that I need to reinstall Windows ME on that side of my pc. I
> recall that Windows overwrites one or more files that contain the linux
> partition info, but I can't remember the name(s) of these files.
>
> Could someone remind me?  I assume that I rename the current file(s),
> reinstall Windows and then rename things again...?
>
> Thanks
>
> Dene

I may be wrong in this, but, from memory, what is to be done, is to do
the Windows instal, then boot from the Linux boot floppy disk and run
lilo (assuming that you are using lilo as your boot manager).

What I generally do, is a full system rebuild, installing Windows before
Linux.

Could someone more knowledgeable, please confirm or otherwise, my first
paragraph?

--
Bret Busby
Armadale