[plug] auto-increment in mysql

Jon Miller jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
Thu Jan 2 07:40:56 WST 2003

In my experience in programming databases many moons ago (I'm talking
DOS base systems of the early 80's) We were told to use Name fields to
Index on to help with searches and use a field that would hold a unique
data for the Primary field.  With that in mind I always found the
auto-increment field such as CUSTID as the best choice.  After all there
each customer should have a unique account number that is not
duplicated.

Jon

--
Jon Miller <jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au>