[plug] Wanted: dirt cheap wireless LAN

Harry McNally harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Fri Jan 3 18:56:20 WST 2003

On Fri, 3 Jan 2003 21:02:33 +1100 Jan Schmidt <thaytan at mad.scientist.com> wrote:

<snip>
> it is possible to turn the
> basic idea of ronja into a design which can do 100MBps
> over that 1km using laser diodes and a better detector circuit

Leon .. here's yer design :) Email this man.

> > But then again, fog could be a problem.
>
> Fog and rain are the biggest stumbling blocks for a system which works on
> visible light. Then again, microwave runs into the same problems and they
> still use that :)

I wouldn't take my design idea _too_ seriously ;-)

> > Or you'll get some annoying little kids sticking there faces in the
> > camera doing that five fingers then two fingers thing. Bless em.
>
> If the little kids can climb the tall pole on your roof, then good for them
> :)

Mate! Show kids something that looks like it makes video and they are like
blowies round an old chop :-) Pah, they wouldn't let a roof mounted pole slow
em up :D There are cherry pickers ..

   []?   \o <wave wave>
-----|     \
     |     /
     |    /___
     |   [____]

Ahem, seriously, if I was going to present a solution involving image
analysis and little flags it had to move from sublime to about 11 on the
Ridiculous Index :) Hehe. But you knew that ;-)

Harry

--
linux.conf.au 2003		The Australian Linux Technical Conference
http://linux.conf.au/		22-25 January 2003 in Perth, Western Australia

Are you a computer angel?	http://www.ca.asn.au/