[plug] AFS

Derek Fountain derekfountain at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jan 4 17:15:33 WST 2003

> Whilst reading a thread at /. I came across this
>
> http://www.openafs.org/pages/main.html
>
> Anyone have any experience with it?  It looks interesting.

I used it all the time while working at IBM. It's serious, enterprise level
IBM stuff which has been opened up because no one other than IBM ever used
it. IBM has 300,000 employees worldwide, and all have an AFS account for data
storage. There are thousands of AFS based file servers all over the world.
With AFS it appears your files are local to your Linux box, Windows box or
AIX box. It really works and the scaling is awesome.

--
Australian Linux Technical Conference 2003: http://www.linux.conf.au/

Explain to your boss the benefits of you going...