[plug] XBox progress

Matt Kemner zombie at penguincare.com.au
Mon Jan 6 10:31:53 WST 2003

On Fri, 3 Jan 2003, quoth garry:

> I wonder if ThoseWhoKnow(tm) about the XBox mods would mind bringing PLUG up
> to date..
> I refer to the ROM which is MS free, to be put in the donated 'Box for PLUG..
> Did it go in OK,

Yes it did, and it now displays a happy penguin logo on boot :)

> is Debian up and running yet?

_almost_

I had to make quite a few changes to the Debian install CD so it would
boot under the cromwell BIOS, and I need to modify it further so it will
create a reiserfs partition instead.  Should be done "Real Soon Now"(tm)

I'll release the final ISO image when it's done.

> Was the hardware conversion
> pain free, or were the young players trapped?

You were there when the hardware conversion was done, so you should know
it was expertly done (Thanks Harry) :)

> Can you watch the DVDs under Debian?

I'll let you know when I get to that stage, but I expect so :)

I'll give a full report when I'm done

 - Matt