[plug] XBox progress

Quintin Lette quintin at arach.net.au
Mon Jan 6 11:45:07 WST 2003

On Mon, 6 Jan 2003 11:01 am, sscott at iinet.net.au wrote:
> > > Can you watch the DVDs under Debian?
> >
> > I'll let you know when I get to that stage, but I expect so :)
> >
> > I'll give a full report when I'm done
>
> me no care bout DVD (me have PS2)
>
> me care bout divx
>
> can watch divx, me buy xbox, me install linux
>
> me laugh lots

I thought that I read somewhere that opening the dvd drive resets the xbox
(major pain in b*** to have to reset linux everytime you wanna watch a dvd)

If only the linux kit for PS2 were cheaper.... (forking out $500 ontop of
console price is a bit beyond my budget - maybe if a 2.4 kernel is released
by next time I need a new workstation - as ps2 linux kit being official from
sony doesnt ruin the console)

btw can anyone give me an idea of level of difficulty of installing modchips
for xbox? I'm going to Jakarta early next month, and if price is reasonable
going to grab some xbox modchips... but only assuming I can do the install
myself.