[plug] XBox progress

Mike Holland myk at plug.linux.org.au
Sun Jan 5 17:21:47 WST 2003

On Sat, 4 Jan 2003, Leon Brooks wrote:

> > http://xbox-linux.sourceforge.net/articles.php?aid=1&sub=Status
>
> > > Can you watch the DVDs under  Debian?
>
> > Unfortunately there is no DVD, audio or video support yet.
>
> Um. Rubbish?

Sorry. Looks like audio is up now, and some basic video (VGA, no accel)
Hopefully DVD playing will come soon. If mplayer runs on the X-box, I
might get one.

> You can get customised Mandrake and SuSE boot CDs for it, and have done for
> months. They can also use a different piece of the hard disk in order to not
> interfere with operation in XboX mode (betcha Microsoft fix that sooner or
> later though).

Yep, I wasnt aware they used the local console though. Had only read of
them used as servers. Good news. I must have been reading a cached copy of
the status page :-)

--
    One seldom sees a monument to a committee.