[plug] Starting OpenOffice individual components

Jacqueline McNally jacqueline at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Tue Jan 7 16:05:39 WST 2003

At 03:40 PM 01/07/2003, you wrote:
>Dear PLUGers
>
>I cannot for the life of me remember where I found the command swiches to
>execute the individual components of Open Office. I've Gogled (hmm Googled
>even) and can't find it.
>
>I have a 64M system and the plan is to make better use of the memory.
>
>Any OOo ppl who have done this ?

 From users at openoffice.org:

"install the following in /usr/local/bin:

================================cut here================================
#!/bin/sh
# script to start openoffice.org components
PROG=`basename $0`
exec /opt/OpenOffice/program/$PROG $*
================================cut here================================

save that as "soffice" and chmod 755, then create symlinks to it in the
names of all the components:

       chmod 755 soffice
       ln -s soffice swriter
       ln -s soffice sdraw

now everyone using this machine will have the scripts -- if it's their
first time use, soffice will invoke the setup script anyway."

All the best
Jacqueline McNally
http://mc2.vicnet.net.au/users/zenryaku/

Community Contact, Australia/New Zealand
OpenOffice.org Marketing Project
(www.openoffice.org)

Are you a computer angel? (www.ca.asn.au)