[plug] Mozilla Issues

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Wed Jan 8 14:06:57 WST 2003

On Wed, Jan 08, 2003 at 02:06:39PM +0800, Quintin Lette wrote:

| > Then it's our job to design astoundingly cool websites that are
| > standards-complaint, but just "happen" to break when viewed with IE.
| > When people find out what they're missing:
|
| Well IBM wants a software war with Microsoft, so if you work out how, I'm sure
| they'll sponsor you... especially if we can get all the best sites to only
| run on non MS Operating systems ((-:

Now, now, that'd be just as bad as the present situation.  Hopefully
Mozilla renders pages identically on Windows and Linux (barring
peculiar "browser sniffing" javascript), so your situation is rather
unlikely.  On the other hand, anything that encourages Microsoft to fix
bugs with IE's rendering is a Good Thing.  In my experience, though,
Mozilla and IE6 render any CSS that I throw at it identically[1], while
Konqueror has a few irritating bugs.

CP.

[1] Although IE tends to be a little more lenient at parsing typos than
Mozilla.  Whether or not this is technically a /bug/ in IE, I don't
know.