[plug] html editors

James Devenish devenish at cyllene.uwa.edu.au
Wed Jan 8 15:47:02 WST 2003

On Wed, Jan 08, 2003 at 03:42:34PM +0800, Tim Bowden wrote:
> I like vim, but the syntax highlighting is a bit garish.  I suppose it
> can be configured.  How?

You mean you don't like the colours? Did you try changing them? If you
are using gvim, then it's at your discretion to override the defaults
that the developers liked (you can specify colours with the hex notation
#abcdefa, bolds, inversions, etc). If you are using a text terminal
emulator, then you would have to configure the emulator's colourset
and vim would probably just signalling the terminal use use (colour 1
in your list, colour 2 in your list, etc).

> If I found something that could insert common tags with keyboard
> shortcuts, that would be good.

vim is completely configuration and scriptable in that way, so you could
create whatever common set you desire. It is very common for daily vim
users to configure their personal favourites. E.g. when I am editing
LaTeX files, there are keystrokes that will generate common keywords and
punctuation and leave my cursor in a conveneient place, etc. It would be
up to you to select which tags are "common".